I’m the CEO of McKain Consulting.
After 12 years of practicing Ob/Gyn in a private setting, I was stressed, cranky, and quite frankly BORED! Day after day, patient after patient, the same thing over and over. With each passing year, I had to work harder just to maintain my income! So frustrating! Sound familiar?
I bet it does!
So, on January 1, 2008, I made a New Year’s resolution to transition to a non-clinical career. But I had no idea how to go about it. And I was too shy to ask anyone for help. So I just got started by spending hours and hours searching online for jobs. I wrote and rewrote my CV for job postings. I put together great cover letters and hit send on dozens of applications. Guess what happened?
Nothing! Absolute CRICKETS!
It wasn’t until I started looking beyond the job postings, making the right connections, and having the right conversations that I found the company that had a job for me. Note, I am not saying they had an actual job opening. When I found the right place, they MADE a job opening for me. Seriously!
Now 9+ years later, I have gained tons of corporate experience and gotten great schooling on how the non-clinical career thing works from the inside. I absolutely love what I am doing and am so grateful that I have the opportunity to for a SECOND successful career that makes great use of my medical training and have helped me develop some NEW skills. I founded McKain Consulting because I am anxious to share the secrets of my success.
Consider letting McKain Consulting leverage our experience to help YOU get on the right path to finding a non-clinical career. It doesn’t matter where you are in the process. Whether you –
- Just want to talk with someone about your situation and hear from someone who has been there, too
- Want to explore what sort of career options are out there and think about steps you might take to move in that direction
- Need help revising your CV to best convey how your years of training and experience make you more than qualified for a non-clinical job
- Could use some coaching about how to build a network that will help you find a job that is right for you
- Need some mentoring specific to a particular job opening
My only regret about my career transition is that I didn’t do it sooner. What are you waiting for? Contact us today!